UX Designer role based in Manchester, UK
We’re on the lookout for UX designers of varying experience to join us in designing digital experiences across web & mobile.
A keen eye for detail, an interest in human interaction and problem-solving abilities are a must. At Userism we work hard to ensure the products we deliver for our clients not only look great, but they function well too. The UX design process is a substantial part of most projects we work on, from project discovery through user journey development onto UI design and support in the project development stages. It’s so important to our work process, we will only consider UX designers that can demonstrate genuine ability to recognise problems and present workable solutions throughout the role responsibilities.
- Project discovery
- Workshop design (and management)
- Competitor analysis
- Content & feature reviews
- Persona building
- UX Design
- User flow analysis
- Empathy mapping
- Information architecture design
- User journey mapping
- UX support
- Content reviews
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- Heuristic evaluation
- UX Audits
The UX design field is a varied and evolving one with new techniques and processes being developed constantly. Candidates will stand out by bringing new ideas of how to approach problem solving to the table. We are looking for life-long learners who will add to our design process and not be afraid to try new ideas out.
Important skills we will look for:
- Communication - you must be able to communicate effectively both verbally (to the team and with clients) and on paper.
- Problem solving - being able to identify issues and present workable solutions.
- Organisation - making decisions on what elements of UX design will go into a particular project and effectively delivering on those in such a way that the whole team benefits from the learnings.
- Art working - creating visuals of proposed solutions, information architecture diagrams, user journey mapping etc.
- Wireframing - Low & High fidelity wireframing for UI layouts across multiple devices.
- Adobe Creative Suite - Experience with Adobe CS products such as; XD, Illustrator, Photoshop desirable. Although experience with other art working tools of interest.
Experience & role type
We’re currently accepting CV’s for both junior and mid-weight positions. Salary will be based on experience.
This will be a full-time position based in our Manchester office, however contract & remote working opportunities are available (please mention this in your enquiry if it applies).
Please contact us here to enquiry about this position.
We do not wish to be contacted by recruitment companies on this role, thankyou.