What we're looking for
We are looking for a front end developer with some full stack skills. With an impeccable eye for detail, your primary goal should be turning UI designs into pixel perfect responsive layouts that render exactly as intended on every device type and size. Alongside that, you should be comfortable turning those layouts into usable templates for content management. An appreciation for web templating standards and some experience managing web builds through to deployment is desirable.
You will need to be a technology enthusiast to succeed in this role, always advancing with methods and keen to experiment with technologies. HTML, CSS & JS should be second nature and if not already in your capabilities - techniques and tools such as; SASS, React, Gulp, Twig, Atomic Design and working with pattern libraries should be on your development roadmap.
- Coding frontend flats from supplied designs
- Creating templates to be used in various frameworks and content management systems (theme development)
- Implementing frontend logic to enhance user functions (experience building progressive web apps advantageous)
- React based application development (not essential but desirable)
- Working with back end developers to integrate functionality
- QA & testing
Important skills we will look for:
- HTML5 (including understanding of semantic layout principles)
- CSS (SASS)
- JS (Including some experience working with libraries)
- Agile working (understanding of principles)
- Craft CMS
- Atomic Design principles
- Experience working with pattern libraries
Ideally you’ll have 2+ years commercial experience working in an agency environment. If you can demonstrate a well crafted portfolio though, we’re happy to hear from graduates.
Salary negotiable on experience.
In the short term, remote working will likely be part of this role, however longer term you will be based in our Manchester City centre office (Ancoats).