What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a full stack developer with experience managing complete website builds independently from start to finish.
You’ll have the experience and technical capability to take on a small website build by yourself, including: frontend & template development, plugin & extension development/management (when working with a CMS), content management and deployment (including database management and SEO related tasks).
You will also ideally have some experience working as part of a team on larger web development builds.
- Coding frontend flats from supplied designs
- Creating templates to be used in various frameworks and content management systems (theme development)
- Implementing frontend logic to enhance user functions (experience building progressive web apps advantageous)
- Setting up local environments for projects (Managing databases, running PHP applications)
- CMS builds
- Ensuring projects are suitable for deployment (bug free, SEO ready)
- Managing deployment of web builds to product environments
- Working with other team members to integrate work into larger projects
- QA & testing
- HTML5 (including understanding of semantic layout principles)
- CSS (SASS)
- JS (Including experience working with libraries)
- Agile working (understanding of principles)
- CMS development (templating & architecture)
- MySQL (in order to administer database led applications)
- Basic server administration
- Craft CMS
- Atomic Design principles
- Experience working with pattern libraries
- Experience building mobile applications
- An understanding of CI/CD methodology
Within an agency environment, you are required to work on multiple projects at any one time and may work on projects with more than one developer involved. We look for developers who can demonstrate their ability to write clean code and follow/create software design patterns that solve repeating problems. Do you understand SOLID principles or have any experience with test-driven deployment? Please mention it in your application if so.
We also expect a high level of attention to detail in your work. The ability to turn a design into a pixel-perfect front end that works across all browsers and breakpoints with similar care and attention taken with your backend code.
You’ll have at least 2+ years of commercial experience working in an agency environment. Salary (£30,000+) negotiable on experience.
In the short term, remote working will likely be part of this role, however longer term you will be based in our Manchester City centre office (Ancoats).